Our Diagnosis Day

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Easter Advent


We are starting our Easter Advent tonight.

13 Images are clipped up. We will read one or two of these stories a night until Good Friday. We will read the last three on Easter Sunday.


This is my favorite painting. Antanio Ciseri, the artist, captured tangible emotion and movement in his painting Ecce Homo - "Behold the Man"


                On the mantel are items the kids can hold during the Bible readings.


                       My daughter and I made a crown of thorns out of blackberry branches.


 Wooden dice to remember that the soldiers cast lots for the robe. A leather satchel that holds 30 dimes.


                     On an index card, I wrote the scripture to read that night and a hymn to sing.


                   I purchased two of these books so I could use one for pasting the pictures.


A Easter Advent Hymnal. Here's our playlist.

Hosanna, Loud Hosanna -Jeanette Threlfall
The More I Seek You -Kari Jobe
What Have I done -Adie Camp
Ten Thousand Angels -Roy Overhold
A Garden in the Night -Ken Bible
Above All -Michael W. Smith
Holy, Holy -Michael W. Smith
Be Unto Your Name -Gary Sadler and Lynn DeShazo
Via Dolorosa -Sandi Patti
How Deep the Father's Love for Us -Stuart Townsend
Up From the Grave He ARose -Robert Lowery
He Lives -Alfred H. Ackley
Glorious -Paul Baloche



This is the Advent Table setting I purchased from Dayspring. I got this recommendation from the Holy Experience blog by Ann Voskamp. She has great ideas for Easter traditions. Check out her website. She also has a printable Christian Sedar Advent to read for your own family advent. http://www.aholyexperience.com/2012/03/the-best-easter-dinner-with-a-free-printable-start-a-christian-tradition-messianic-seder/

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I love all you are doing for Easter. We are doing an Easter study with the kiddos. One thing called stick figuring through the bible. I am really loving it for Zach's age. More interactive. But I am also using A Beka's Flash A Cards. They are awesome poster type pictures of scenes of the crucifixion story. They are very moving and am enjoying them thoroughly! The kids are trying to get their chores done quickly so we can get to our bible, that is how they like it!

    ReplyDelete